Get set for summer with cheap trains across Scotland
Scottish schools are out for summer. Keep the kids entertained with cheap trains to day trip and holiday destinations. Rad on and plan your trip at redspottedhanky.com.
Scottish schools are out for summer, meaning it’s time for mums, dads and grandparents across the land to do their homework and come up with ideas that’ll keep the wee ones out of trouble.
It’s easy to keep the kids entertained with daytrips and holidays to some of Scotland’s biggest cities. And with cheap trains to Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen and Inverness, treating the kids over summer shouldn’t break the bank of mum and dad.
We’ve put together a list of child-friendly attractions, so why not have a look and use our journey planner to book your day trip or family break?
Get the train to Edinburgh and…
• …visit Edinburgh Zoo
• …get up to something fishy at Deep Sea World
• …hear the one o’clock gun sound at Edinburgh Castle
• …get spooked at the grisly Edinburgh Dungeon or in the Real Mary King’s Close
• …tell a tall tale at the Scottish Storytelling Centre
• …take in the world-famous Edinburgh Festival in August
Get the train to Glasgow and …
• …try skiing and snowboarding at Xscape
• …shop at Hamley’s and along Glasgow’s Style Mile
• …visit Kelvingrove Museum for mummies, wildlife, art exhibits and more
• …keep those little minds active and enthralled at the Glasgow Science Centre
• …hear some live music while taking in the city’s legendary music scene
• …take football fans to the national stadium: Hampden Park
Get the train to Aberdeen and …
• …ride a rollercoaster at Codona’s Pleasure Fair on Beach Boulevard
• …take a pony for a canter at the Hayfield Riding Centre in Hazlehead Park
• …make believe in a magical woodland at Storybook Glen in Marycutler
• …spot puffins, whales and dolphins on a Puffin Cruise
• …step back in time at the Archaeolink Prehistory Park
Where will cheap trains take you this summer?This entry was posted in Days Out, Travel and tagged cheap train tickets, destination guides, Edinburgh festival, redspottedhanky.com, trains to Aberdeen, trains to Edinburgh, trains to Glasgow, trains to Scotland. Bookmark the permalink.