Take the train … and enjoy a child-free break in Scotland
It’s back to school for kids in Scotland, meaning it’s time for grandparents to take a well-earned break from babysitting and for the child-free to reclaim Scotland’s most beautiful cities.
With the kids back in school, Scotland’s cities are likely to be a little quieter – making them the ideal spot for grandparents and the child-free who’ve had enough of the little darlings this summer.
But that doesn’t mean there’s not fun to be had, as there’s still plenty going on in Scotland’s biggest cities to keep grown-ups entertained.
Take the train to Edinburgh and …
• … catch the last of the Edinburgh Festival
• … tour the newly refurbished Museum of Scotland
• … take in Edinburgh Castle and the capital’s stately homes
• … taste the royal life at the Royal Yacht Britannia
Take the train to Glasgow and …
• … enjoy A Play, A Pie and A Pint at Oran Mor – a refurbished church in the stylish West End
• … soak up the sun in the Glasgow Botanic Gardens
• … catch some live music in legendary city centre venues such as King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
• … shop the city’s famous Style Mile
Take the train to Aberdeen and …
• … try a dram and learn about whisky making in one of Aberdeen’s 14 distilleries
• … sun yourself on Aberdeen beach
• … try your hand at loch, burn and sea fishing
• … trek and ride across glens and woodland
Take the train to Inverness and …
• … take in Scotland’s most famous loch – Loch Ness
• … walk through Ross-shire’s Fairy Glen
• … take a Highland tour
• … go dolphin spotting and whale watching off the coast
Where will cheap trains take you?This entry was posted in Travel and tagged cheap trains, cheap trains to Aberdeen, cheap trains to Edinburgh, cheap trains to Edinburgh Festival, cheap trains to Glasgow, cheap trains to Inverness, cheap trains to Scotland, cheap trains to St Andrews, journey planner, redspottedhanky.com, trains, trains to Aberdeen, trains to Edinburgh, trains to Edinburgh Festival, trains to Glasgow, trains to Inverness, trains to Scotland, trains to St Andrews. Bookmark the permalink.
- cheap trains | cheap trains to Aberdeen | cheap trains to Edinburgh | cheap trains to Edinburgh Festival | cheap trains to Glasgow | cheap trains to Inverness | cheap trains to Scotland | cheap trains to St Andrews | journey planner | redspottedhanky.com | trains | trains to Aberdeen | trains to Edinburgh | trains to Edinburgh Festival | trains to Glasgow | trains to Inverness | trains to Scotland | trains to St Andrews