Take the train … and enjoy a grown-up break in England
It’s back to school for kids in England, meaning it’s time for grown-ups to break from babysitting and reclaim England’s cities.
Read on and find out where to go and what to do with out top city break picks.
With the little ones back in the classroom, England’s biggest cities are likely to be a little quieter – making them the ideal spot for grandparents and the child-free looking to get a little “me” time.
Find out where to go on your thoroughly grown-up break and don’t forget to check our journey planner for cheap tickets and cheap first class tickets (go on, spoil yourself!) to London, Bristol, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, Sheffield and more.
Take the train to London and …
• … shop Oxford Street, Bond Street, the King’s Road and Camden Market
• … take a cycle-tour of the capitals iconic landmarks on a vintage 1920’s bike
• … stop for a traditional English cream tea at The Ritz
• … catch a theatre show in the capital’s famous West End
Take the train to Bristol and …
• … shop, eat and enjoy yourself by Bristol’s stylish floating harbour
• … get a taste for everything upstairs downstairs at the city’s Georgian House
• … walk the cobbled streets of Bristol’s historic old city
• … drink at King Street’s Llandoger Trow – a pub where Treasure Island was penned
Take the train to Liverpool and …
• … have a flutter at the Anfield races
• … shop at Liverpool One and famous boutiques such as Cricket
• … indulge your inner artist at the Tate Liverpool and Wolstenholme Creative Space
• … eat, drink and make merry at the UNESCO-listed Albert Docks
Take the train to Manchester and …
• … visit Manchester’s historic Roman ruins, cathedral and town hall
• … shop at the bohemian market stalls of Affleck’s Palace or in the trendy Northern Quarter
• … catch the beautiful game at Old Trafford or Sportcity
• … try cocktails and clubbing in Canal Street
Take the train to Newcastle and …
• … walk Hadrian’s Wall and discover the ruins of Castle Keep
• … visit St Nicholas’ Cathedral and spot it’s mysterious vampire rabbit gargoyle
• … try a pint of “broon ale” at Newcastle’s trendy quayside pubs
• … shop under the Victorian arches of the Central Arcade
Take the train to Sheffield and …
• … take in a little greenery at Peace Park and Sheffield’s Botanical Gardens
• … shop high street labels at Meadowhall and bargain hunt at the Moor
• … sample Sheffield’s cosmopolitan cocktail bars and cosy fire lit pubs
• … explore the scenic Peak District
Where will you go on your kid-free break?This entry was posted in Days Out, Travel and tagged cheap first class tickets, cheap trains, cheap trains to Bristol, cheap trains to Liverpool, cheap trains to London, cheap trains to Manchester, cheap trains to Newcastle, cheap trains to Sheffield, journey planner, redspottedhanky.com, trains, trains to Bristol, trains to Liverpool, trains to London, trains to Manchester, trains to Newcastle, trains to Sheffield. Bookmark the permalink.
- Days Out | Travel
- cheap first class tickets | cheap trains | cheap trains to Bristol | cheap trains to Liverpool | cheap trains to London | cheap trains to Manchester | cheap trains to Newcastle | cheap trains to Sheffield | journey planner | redspottedhanky.com | trains | trains to Bristol | trains to Liverpool | trains to London | trains to Manchester | trains to Newcastle | trains to Sheffield