#RSH Tips: this week’s winning money-saving train tips
December 23, 2011
Another 10 lucky train travellers have won £10 worth of redspottedhanky.com loyalty points to put towards cheap tickets by tweeting their money-saving and travel-savvy tips to us at #RSH Tips. Read on for this week’s winning tips. And don’t forget to share yours with us using Twitter too.
• @SouthernRailUK tweeted us with a festive reminder to check Christmas Eve train times as some services finish-up earlier than usual over the holidays.
• @rh23rh23 scooped up those winning points too with a top twitter tip to contact train companies before you travel if you are disabled or mobility-challenged.
• @laurey_xox also steam-rolled into this week’s top 10 with a winning tweet telling us to kick back and relax during long train journeys.
• @adamswbrown picked up those loyalty points as well with a handy money-saving tweet reminding us to book early for cheap first class tickets.
• @bjm2000uk also chugged into this week’s winning round-up with this great tip to follow your train company on Twitter for breaking news of weather-related service disruptions.
• @Getirving secured those winning points too with a savvy tweet tipping us to split luggage between two smaller bags for easy storage overhead, rather than trying to fit everything into a suitcase.
• @tpicairns made it into this week’s winning picks with a great tip to check the travel routes you can take using your train ticket.
• DaveZW rail-roaded his way into this week’s top 10 with a top twitter tip to set a reminder on your phone to buy train tickets so you will buy in time to save online and get your tickets delivered.
• @Joshua_Sewell snapped-up some loyalty points as well with a savvy tip to check online which platform a connecting train departs from, so there’s no need to check the board while you go from one train to another.
• @peterbjordan pulled in the last of this week’s prize points with his tip to check for cheap bus tickets if you need to catch a bus to or from a train station.
Congratulations to all our winners – and thanks for those great tips! Don’t forget to keep them coming as there’s even more points to be won in the New Year.
What are your top money-saving or travel-savvy train tips? Let us know by leaving a comment below. And don’t forget to tweet them to #RSH Tips too, so you can be in with the chance of winning some redspottedhanky.com loyalty points next year as well.
This entry was posted in #RSH Tips - Weekly Winners
and tagged cheap tickets
, cheap train tickets
, journey planner
, loyalty points
. Bookmark the permalink