Rail-ride into the past … with our pick of vintage festive train posters
December 13, 2011
Take a train-ride into the past with our pick of ever-so-jolly vintage train posters advertising Christmas train travel. Just read on for some of the best nostalgic festive prints. And don’t forget to save on your festive travel costs by using our journey planner to find cheap train tickets too.
1. Even in the 1960s, Santa was spreading good cheer – and swapping his sleigh for the train. Well, it’s not cheap to travel by reindeer for a daytrip!
2. Christmas may be a season of twinkling lights and soft-lit candles, but in 1948 they knew that taking cheap trains over Christmas could help to lighten the cost of the festive season.
3. Greed might have been good for some in the 1980s, but people looking to save were taking cheap trains to London to get their Christmas shopping in – even Jimmy Saville.
4. Hark! the herald angels may have sung at the Nativity, but in 1948 these cherubic lovelies were trumpeting that train tickets and Christmas presents should be bought early for the festive season.
5. As far back as the 1960s, Santa knew the smart way to travel wasn’t by sleigh – it was by train. All aboard the polar express for cheap shopping trips and festive travel!
Are you taking the train this Christmas? Are you a fan of our vintage train posters? Let us know by leaving a comment below …
This entry was posted in Vintage Train Posters
and tagged cheap train tickets
, cheap trains
, cheap trains to London
, journey planner
, trains to London
. Bookmark the permalink