#RSH Tips: this week’s winning money-saving train tips
January 13, 2012
10 more Twitter-savvy train travellers have won £10 worth of redspottedhanky.com loyalty points by tweeting their train-travel tips to us at #RSH Tips. Read on for this week’s winning train tips. And don’t forget to share yours with us using Twitter, for your chance to win loyalty points to put towards cheap train tickets too.
• @Tmckinnin took our first lot of loyalty points with a his savvy tip to save on hotel costs by taking a sleeper train instead.
• @Goldfish49 picked up some winning points too with a his tip to check to see if you’re eligible for a refund if your train is delayed.
• @IreneH2 also steam-rolled into this week’s top 10 with a tweet reminder to keep the kids occupied on longer journeys by packing a portable DVD player and headphones.
• @alex_elwick picked up those loyalty points as well with a handy money-saving tweet to check whether split journeys are cheaper than direct fares, before you book.
• @maria_dickinson also chugged into this week’s winning round-up with her great tip to opt for a quiet coach if you’re looking for a little shut eye.
• @adamgreene27 also won this week with a reminder to follow us on Twitter so you can enter competitions to win points to spend on cheap train tickets.
• @brucebolt made it into this week’s winning picks again as well with a great tip to use your rmobile to find out what platform your next train will leave from if you’re short on time between connecting services.
• @wendymurray3 rail-roaded her way into this week’s top 10 with a top twitter tip to take your own food and a book on a long train journey, to stop you splashing out at the station.
• @toriat5 snapped-up some loyalty points as well with a savvy tip to save by taking a longer journey with more stops and station swaps, if you’re not in a rush.
• @GeorgeHThomas pulled in the last of this week’s prize points with his tip to check for cheap advance tickets, even if you’re travelling the next day.
Congratulations to all of this week’s winners – and thanks again for those great tips! Don’t forget to keep them coming, as there are even more points to put towards cheap train tickets to be won next week.
What are your top money-saving or travel-savvy train tips? Let us know by leaving a comment below. And don’t forget to tweet them to #RSH Tips too, so you can be in with the chance of winning some redspottedhanky.com loyalty points.
This entry was posted in #RSH Tips - Weekly Winners
and tagged cheap tickets
, cheap train tickets
, journey planner
, loyalty points
, RSH Tips
, RSH Twitter
. Bookmark the permalink