#RSH Tips: this week’s winning money-saving train tips
January 20, 2012
10 more Twitter-savvy train travellers have won £10’s worth of redspottedhanky.com loyalty points by tweeting their train-travel tips to us at #RSH Tips. Read on for this week’s winning train tips. And don’t forget to share yours with us using Twitter, for your chance to win loyalty points to put towards cheap train tickets too.
• @cov_bunny69 took our first lot of loyalty points with a a savvy tip to wear a thick, soft scarf that can double up as a pillow when you next take the train.
• @mirmbrown picked up some winning points too with a her tip to read a book and chill out on the train.
• @AdamBryant6 also steam-rolled into this week’s top 10 with a tweet reminder to help people with pushchairs get on and off the train – well, it’s nice to be nice.
• @star100x picked up those loyalty points as well with a handy money-saving tweet to be flexible with your travel dates and times to save on fares.
• @Tmckinnin also chugged into this week’s winning round-up with his great tip to use a railcard to save on peak fares.
• @aleksengland also won this week with a spend-savvy reminder to buy food before you board, as it could be cheaper than buying on the train.
• @HSTLouis made it into this week’s winning picks again as well with a reminder to always check departure screens and listen in to station announcements – especially if you’re looking for information on first class tickets and catering.
• @adamgreene27 rail-roaded his way into this week’s top 10 with a top twitter tip to watch Michael Portillo’s ‘Great British Railway Journeys’ on BBC2 for inspiration on where to travel by train.
• @webby_82 snapped- up some loyalty points as well with a savvy tip to check out first class fares, not just standard fares, for great bargains.
• @ferretsruke pulled in the last of this week’s prize points with a great tip to get a railcard for 33% off tickets and a bite card for 20% off station food.
Congratulations to all of this week’s winners – and thanks again for those great tips! Don’t forget to keep them coming, as there are even more points to put towards cheap train tickets to be won next week.
What are your top money-saving or travel-savvy train tips? Let us know by leaving a comment below. And don’t forget to tweet them to #RSH Tips too, so you can be in with the chance of winning some redspottedhanky.com loyalty points.
This entry was posted in #RSH Tips - Weekly Winners
and tagged cheap tickets
, cheap train tickets
, journey planner
, loyalty points
. Bookmark the permalink