Your top 10 London coffee shops and cafes – #RSH Guides
Each week 10 train fans win £10 worth of redspottedhanky.com loyalty points by tweeting their tips about a set destination to us at #RSH Guides, for us to share through foursquare. This month we’re focussing on London, and this week we asked you to tweet us with your favourite cafes and coffee shops.
Read on for this week’s winning tips – and to find out where to get your capital caffeine hit. And don’t forget to share yours with us using Twitter, for your chance to win loyalty points to put towards cheap train tickets, hotel stays or car hire.
• @jenny_perry took our first lot of loyalty points with a winning tweet to try doughnuts and ice cream at the ‘The Icecreamists’ in uber-cool Covent Garden. The interior is slick and alternative – fitting, you might say, for the first parlour to offer breast milk ice cream. We’re assured it’s delicious.
• @debredprice picked up some winning points too with her top twitter tip to try Maison Bertaux – one of London’s oldest patisseries – in Greek Street for retro surrounds and lovely cakes. It’s not just @debredprice that’s a fan either – Time Out’s said this little café is great for éclairs, cream cakes, quiche and more in shabby-chic, quintessentially French surrounds.
• @NatRaybould also took home those loyalty points with a winning tweet to try the Nordic Bakery in Soho, tea and cake at Yauatcha or Pret-a-Portea at the Berkley when you’re in need of a treat. Why not try all three? After all, tea, coffee and cake are separate food groups.
• @MelanieAnn90 also chugged into this week’s winning round-up with a great tip to try the Regency Café in Westminster for great eats at cheap prices. It’s not just @MelanieAnn90 that thinks so – there are lots of good reviews online for this much-loved greasy spoon.
• @GDRichards also won this week with a reminder to try Bubbleology at Harvey Nichols for a ‘bubble tea’ – tapioca pearls and flavoured ice tea. And you can even by a make at home set if you want to take the taste home with you back on the train.
• @Eilidh_Morrison made it into this week’s winning picks too with a great tip to try Bea’s of Bloomsbury on Theobald’s Road for gorgeous cupcakes. And it’s not just @Eilidh Morrison that’s a fan – Timeout London Magazine awarded Bea’s London’s Best Cupcakes 2011 and Bea’s featured in Louis Vuitton’s London city guide for 2012.
• @millerjen15 pulled in the last of this week’s prize points with her tip to try the Blue Legume on Upper Street, Islington, for brunch. And with sweet treats like churros, pancakes, waffles as well as savoury dishes like eggs, Welsh rarebit, salads and burgers on the menu, we can see why.
Congratulations to all of this week’s winners – and thanks again for those great London picks! Don’t forget to keep your London tips coming, as there are even more points to put towards cheap train tickets to be won next week.
What are your top London picks? Let us know by leaving a comment below. And don’t forget to tweet them to #RSH Guides too, so you can be in with the chance of winning some redspottedhanky.com loyalty points.This entry was posted in #RSH Guides - Weekly Winners and tagged cheap tickets, cheap train tickets, cheap trains to London, journey planner, loyalty points, redspottedhanky.com, trains to London. Bookmark the permalink.