Your top 10 London pubs for watching (or getting away from) the Carling Cup Final – #RSH Guides
Each week, 10 travel-loving tweeters win £10’s worth of redspottedhanky.com loyalty points by sending their tips about a set destination to us with the hashtag #RSH Guides, for us to share through foursquare. This month, we asked you to tell us about your favourite London pubs for watching – or getting away from – this weekend’s Carling Cup Final.
Read on for this week’s winning tips and find out where to soak up the big match atmosphere – or get away from it – whilst sipping a beer. And don’t forget to share your travel suggestions with us using Twitter for your chance to win loyalty points to put towards cheap train tickets, hotel stays or car hire.
• @janeej pulled in our first lot of loyalty points with her top Twitter tip to try what was the Hedgehog and Pheasant. Now renamed The Warwick, this gastro pub serves fabulous food and is just 5 minutes’ walk from London Victoria Station – so it’s perfect for train travellers.
• @pcarman861 rail-roaded his way into this week’s top ten with his winning tweet to try Yates’s in Leicester Square. With its lively atmosphere and cheap food and drinks deals, it’s the ideal choice for budget-conscious travellers exploring Central London.
• @jaffawine also picked up some loyalty points with a great Twitter tip to head for the Nanobyte Bar in Oxford Circus. Get together with your mates and book a private room complete with plasma TV for your own Carling Cup Final celebration.
• @OllieHutchins made it into our winners list this week with a top tweet to head for West Kensington and watch the match at the F3K (Famous Three Kings). This fantastic sports bar shows a whole range of events on its big plasma screens and its big match day atmosphere is legendary.
• @roving_carbs chugged into our top ten this week with a tweet tip to try The Porterhouse Covent Garden. Close to London Charing Cross Station, it’s the largest bar in London – and its much-lauded beers and stouts are shipped over from its Dublin brewery, so you can get a taste of the real Ireland.
• @BythewayAJ also won this week with his great tip to try the Freemasons Arms. This Covent Garden pub is packed with football memorabilia, as the F.A. was formed here in 1863 – and with six HD plasma TV screens showing all the big matches, it’s still the perfect pub for football fans today.
• @johnhillsport made it into this week’s winning picks with his top Twitter tip to watch the Carling Cup Final in high-definition at The Sports Café London, in Westminster. It has a menu packed with tasty treats as well, so you can enjoy a meal with your match-day pint.
• @GaelleSiourakan steamed into our top ten this week by tweeting us a great tip for anyone looking to escape from the football fever. Head off to the Trafalgar Tavern, one of the capital’s oldest pubs, and try its famous Greenwich Whitebait while enjoying views of the Thames.
• @silent_sniper19 picked up the last of this week’s loyalty points with a top twitter tip to try The Gunners Pub Highbury. The favourite haunt of Arsenal fans, this pub’s packed with Arsenal memorabilia and the atmosphere when the Gunners are playing is not to be missed.
Congratulations to this week’s winners – and thanks again for all of your fantastic Twitter tips! Keep your #RSH Guides tweets coming too, as you could win loyalty points to put towards cheap train tickets in next week’s competition.
Do you have some favourite London watering holes? Let us know by leaving a comment below. And don’t forget to tweet them to #RSH Guides, so you can be in with the chance of winning some redspottedhanky.com loyalty points too.This entry was posted in #RSH Guides - Weekly Winners and tagged cheap tickets, cheap train tickets, cheap trains to London, journey planner, loyalty points, redspottedhanky.com, trains to London. Bookmark the permalink.