Your top 10 Glasgow pubs – #RSH Guides
In our weekly competition, 10 savvy train travellers win £10 worth of redspottedhanky.com loyalty points by tweeting their tips about a set destination to #RSH Guides, for us to share through foursquare. This month, we asked you to tweet us and tell us about your favourite Glasgow pubs.
Read on for this week’s winning tips and to find out which Glasgow pubs to visit for a tipple on your travels. And don’t forget to share your tips with us using Twitter – you could win loyalty points to put towards cheap train tickets, hotel stays or car hire.
• @janeej pulled in the first of our loyalty points this week with a great Twitter tip to head to Brel, Glasgow’s Belgian bar and restaurant, in Ashton Lane. She suggests trying Kwak – a traditional Belgian beer, which is famous for being served in a stirrup-cup glass on a stand – and indulging in some tasty mussels.
• @theyoungone77 steamed into this week’s top ten too with her winning tweet telling us that a visit to The Corinthian Club in Ingram Street will make us feel like a million dollars. This upmarket bar, restaurant and casino is housed in one of Glasgow’s most elegantly designed buildings and is the perfect venue for a glamorous night out.
• @BythewayAJ also won those loyalty points with his timely Twitter tip to try Jinty McGuinty’s in Ashton Lane. This Irish pub serves great value food and drink and has a reputation as one of the city’s best live music venues, so it’s the perfect place to go for a night out, particularly on St. Patrick’s Day (tomorrow!).
• @Eilidh_Morrison made it into this week’s picks with her top Twitter suggestion to head to Vodka Wodka for a Jolly Rancher cocktail. One of Glasgow’s first cocktail bars, this lively Ashton Street venue stocks more than 70 different vodkas, as well as many other spirits and beers.
• @gumbie23 chugged into this week’s top ten too with a great Twitter tip to try The Griffin Bar on Bath Street. With friendly staff, a cosy atmosphere and an excellent menu, it’s also right next to the King’s Theatre, so it’s the perfect place to go for a post-show pint.
• @MelanieAnn90 also took home those prize points with top tweet recommending the Lansdowne Bar & Kitchen in Lansdowne Crescent for its cocktails and wonderful service. This family friendly, West End gastro-pub also has a great menu and holds regular events.
• @AdamBryant6 steamed into this week’s top ten with his Twitter reminder about Bar 91 in Candleriggs. This city centre bar serves some outstanding rustic-style food, including scrumptious pizzas, and opens out onto the cobbled street for that café-style atmosphere.
• @tomguk railroaded his way into our top ten this week with a winning tweet directing us to The Horse Shoe Bar in Drury Street. Whether you’re in Glasgow to see the sights, shop or do business, make sure you stop off at this historic pub for a pint and a pie.
• @AdamBryant6 picked up some more of those prize points with a great Twitter suggestion to try All Bar One in St. Vincent’s Street. This contemporary bar and restaurant is just a few minutes’ walk from Glasgow Queen Street Station, making it the ideal option for train travellers wanting to refuel.
• @LauraCow pulled in the last of this week’s loyalty points with a Twitter tip to head to the Sir John Moore, a Wetherspoon pub in Argyle Street. It has an extensive drinks list, including real ales and world beers, and it’s close to Glasgow Central Station too.
Congratulations to this week’s winners – and thanks for all of your fantastic Glasgow pub recommendations! If you didn’t weren’t one of our lucky winners, don’t worry – you’ll get another chance to win loyalty points to put towards cheap train tickets next week.
Don’t forget to tweet your tips to #RSH Guides, so you can be in with the chance of winning some redspottedhanky.com loyalty points.This entry was posted in #RSH Guides - Weekly Winners. Bookmark the permalink.
- #RSH Guides - Weekly Winners