Your top 10 restaurants in Manchester – #RSH Guides
In our weekly competition, 10 savvy train travellers win £10′s worth of redspottedhanky.com loyalty points by tweeting their tips about a set destination to #RSH Guides, for us to share through foursquare. This week, we asked you to tweet us with your favourite Manchester restaurants.
Read on for this week’s winning tips and to find out where to tuck in to a mouth-watering meal in Manchester. And don’t forget to share your tips with us using Twitter – you could win loyalty points to put towards cheap train tickets, hotel stays or car hire.
• @mirmbrown made it into our winners’ list this week with a top Twitter tip to head to the city’s Northern Quarter for some heart-warming comfort food at Home Sweet Home, in Edge Street. This gourmet bakehouse and coffee bar’s menu includes delicious American-style dishes like New England-style clam chowder and chilli dogs, as well as dreamy desserts like cinnamon apple pie fudge sundaes.
• @richrae14 picked up those loyalty points too with hisgreat tip to try Ichiban, an Oriental restaurant in Wilmslow Road, Fallowfield, for a taste of the Far East. This was the second Ichiban restaurant to open in Manchester and the original Ichiban – the first Oriental restaurant on Rusholme’s famous Curry Mile – is still going strong too.
• @NatRaybould also won those loyalty points for her Twitter tip to head to Sweet Mandarin in Copperas Street for a fab night out. And it’s not just @NatRaybould who rates this Chinese restaurant’s cuisine and atmosphere highly – Sweet Mandarin has an AA rosette and was named as ‘Gordon Ramsay’s Best Local Chinese Restaurant in the UK’ (2009-10).
• @inspiredscilly picked up those prize points too with a winning tweet directing us to Sapporo Teppanyaki in Liverpool Road, Castlefield, for an entertaining eating experience. Watch talented chefs prepare amazing dishes and marvel at their knife skills while you tuck into some great value Japanese cuisine.
• @donzersdiatribe chugged into this week’s top 10 with a great Twitter tip to try Katsouris on Deansgate for tasy Greek treats at low prices. This Deli and Café is hugely popular with locals and tourists alike, and it’s open for breakfast, brunch and lunch.
• @bitsushi also won those loyalty points with a Twitter reminder to head to Manchester city centre to try out not just one, but four fantastic restaurants – Barburrito for Mexican classics, Eastzeast or This&That for delicious Indian cuisine, or Sam’s Chop House for traditional British pub grub. With such great food on offer, we’d find it hard to pick just one too.
• @cheadle_cherry made it into this week’s picks too with a top tweet recommending Dough Pizza Kitchen in Manchester’s Northern Quarter. You’ll find a huge selection of pizzas on offer, including specialities like Duck and Brie pizza and Butternut Squash pizza, as well as pasta dishes and salads. And you can opt for whole-wheat or gluten-free pizza bases and dairy-free mozzarella too.
• @AzraD89 railroaded her way into our top ten this week with her Twitter tip to head to Rosso Restaurant & Bar on King Street to indulge in some star spotting while you dine. This elegant Manchester restaurant is owned by Rio Ferdinand and is a popular celeb hangout.
• @Pad_Stock steamed into this week’s top 10 with his Twitter suggestion directing us to The Twisted Med in Catalan Square, Castlefield, for mouth-watering Mediterranean dishes with a twist. He recommends it for its amazing menu and fantastic vibe – and says saving-savvy rail travellers to Manchester should check out toptable.com for deals before booking a table.
• @suburban1mummy pulled in the last of this week’s prize points with a great tip to try Gaucho Manchester for awesome steaks and wine. With a menu that also includes speciality fish dishes and vegetarian treats, and stunning contemporary décor, we think this should be on anyone’s list of places to dine when visiting Manchester too.
Congratulations to this week’s winners – and thanks for all of your great Manchester restaurant recommendations! And if you didn’t win this week, don’t worry – we’ll be giving you another chance to win loyalty points to put towards cheap train tickets next week too.
Don’t forget to tweet your tips to #RSH Guides next week, so you can be in with the chance of winning some redspottedhanky.com loyalty points.This entry was posted in #RSH Guides - Weekly Winners and tagged cheap tickets, cheap train tickets, cheap trains to Manchester, journey planner, loyalty points, redspottedhanky.com, trains to Manchester. Bookmark the permalink.