Your top Birmingham attractions – #RSH Guides
In our weekly competition, 10 rail travel fans win £10s worth of redspottedhanky.com loyalty points by tweeting their tips about a set destination to #RSH Guides, for us to share through foursquare. This week, we asked you to tweet us and tell us about your favourite places to go for a great day out in Birmingham.
Read on to see who the winners were and find out about some of Birmingham’s best attractions. And don’t forget to share your tips with us using Twitter – you could win loyalty points to put towards cheap train tickets, hotel stays or car hire.
• @ned_walker took the first of this week’s prize points with a top Twitter tip recommending Birmingham Sea Life in Brindley Place for a fun and educational family day out. With more than 1,000 marine creatures to see, you’ll be entertained for hours – and make sure you don’t miss feeding time.
• @EllaMayKate made it into our top ten too with a another Twitter vote for the Sea Life Centre. With an interactive rock pool, where kids can hold crabs and touch starfish, as well as more than 60 tanks full of fascinating creatures to see, it’s no wonder this Birmingham attraction’s a family favourite.
• @nickanderson321 won this week too with a great Twitter tip to enjoy a spot of lunch at one of the many cafes and restaurants in Birmingham’s Bullring before heading off to the Birmingham Hippodrome to watch an afternoon show. The theatre is home to the Birmingham National Ballet and its programme also includes operas, modern dance performances, musicals and shows for kids.
• @Pad_Stock made it into this week’s winning picks with a Twitter suggestion to take the train from Birmingham to nearby Dudley and spend a day at the Black Country Living Museum. You can stroll along the museum’s canal-side village to see more than 50 reconstructed houses, workshops and shops, take a trip down into a mine, and enjoy some traditional fairground fun.
• @astrotour2010 picked up those loyalty points too with a top tweet reminding us that Birmingham’s set to have a brand new attraction in September 2013, which should head straight to the top of culture-loving visitors’ must-visit lists when it opens. The Library of Birmingham will feature state-of-the-art exhibition space, a studio theatre and a British Film Institute Mediatheque, as well as a huge collection of books.
• @Maelacuna steamed into this week’s top 10 too with yet another Twitter vote for Birmingham Sea Life. This attraction’s clearly a firm favourite with visitors to Birmingham and @Maelacuna thinks you’ll go for the sharks but stay for the otters.
• @Lkash20 took home those prize points too with her top tweet recommending the Thinktank Planetarium at the Birmingham Science Museum. The first purpose-built digital planetarium in the UK, it provides budding star-gazers with a fully immersive experience, making learning about space an experience to remember.
• a Twitter tip for a perfect day out in Birmingham. He recommends indulging in a spot of shopping at the Bullring, enjoying an ice cream while strolling through the city’s Cannon Hill Park and then finishing off your day in style by dining at the Thai Edge restaurant in Brindley Place.
• @jaffawine chugged into our winners’ list too with a top Twitter suggestion to pre-book a place on a behind the scenes tour of the BBC Broadcasting House in Birmingham’s Mailbox. You’ll be able to see the edit suites and 24-hour news facilities, and find out how some of your favourite TV and radio shows make it onto the screen and airwaves.
• @01323rob pulled in the last of this week’s prize points with his fantastic tweet telling us to hop on a train to Bournville Station – just 15 minutes’ away from Birmingham New Street Station – and head to Cadbury World for a choccy-themed day out. You can learn all about chocolate, make your own yummy treats and stock up on snacks for the train ride home at the ‘World’s Biggest Cadbury Shop’.
Congratulations to the winners – and thanks to everyone who tweeted us recommending attractions to visit on a day out in Birmingham! And if you didn’t win this week’s competition, try again next week and you could pick up some loyalty points to put towards cheap train tickets, car hire and hotel accommodation.
Tweet your suggestions to #RSH Guides, so you can be in with the chance of winning some redspottedhanky.com loyalty points.This entry was posted in #RSH Guides - Weekly Winners and tagged cheap tickets, cheap train tickets, cheap trains to Birmingham, journey planner, loyalty points, redspottedhanky.com, trains to Birmingham. Bookmark the permalink.