Your top Birmingham restaurants – #RSH Guides
In our weekly competition, 10 train travel fans win £10s worth of redspottedhanky.com loyalty points by tweeting their tips about a set destination to #RSH Guides, for us to share through foursquare. This week, we asked you to tweet us and tell us about your favourite Birmingham restaurants.
Read on to see who won the winners were and find out more about the best places for hungry travellers to get a mouth-watering meal in Birmingham. And don’t forget to share your tips with us using Twitter – you could win loyalty points to put towards cheap train tickets, hotel stays or car hire.
• @adamgreene27 took the first of this week’s prize points with a a winning tweet recommending Lasan, an award-winning Indian restaurant in St.Paul’s Square, where you can enjoy delicious food in atmospheric surroundings. And it’s not just @adamgreene27 that rates this Birmingham restaurant highly – Gordon Ramsay named it as the F Word’s Best Local Restaurant in 2010.
• @Manda_1976 won this week too with a top Twitter recommendation to head to The Karczma in Bordesley Street for a taste of Polish cuisine. This charming restaurant is decorated in the style of a Polish country cottage and its menu includes traditional dishes like Hunter’s Stew, pierogi (stuffed dumplings) and pickled herring. It’s just 5 minutes’ walk from Birmingham Moor Street Station too.
• @veritybrown chugged into this week’s top 10 too with a top Twitter tip to dine at The Victoria in John Bright Street. This historic pub specialises in ‘soul food’ and its menu includes Deep South favourites like deep fried crayfish, Cajun chicken and gumbo, as well as burgers and great value combo meals.
• @vmarcher made it into our winners’ list this week with a great tip to try Miller & Carter for tasty steaks at low prices. This contemporary steakhouse in Wharfside Street, Mailbox, overlooks the canal side, so you’ll get great views while you dine – and it’s also within walking distance of Birmingham New Street Station.
• @CallumCollie railroaded his way into our top ten this week with his tweet recommending Bodega on Bennetts Hill, for its fantastic food, cocktails and décor. Its menu includes cuisine from Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Peru, Colombia and Cuba, so you can take a culinary tour of South America without leaving the heart of Birmingham.
• @BerryBerryBlues picked up those loyalty points too with a Twitter tip to head to Chaophraya on Spiceal Street, in the Birmingham Bullring, for generously-sized portions of authentic Thai food. The restaurant has a terrace, so you can eat al fresco in the summer, and the dishes are prepared in an open kitchen, so you can watch the chefs at work.
• @inspiredscilly steamed into this week’s top 10 with a Twitter vote for The Warehouse Café in Allison Street. Situated close to Birmingham Moor Street Station, this award-winning vegetarian restaurant’s menu is sure to make you want to eat your greens.
• @Sarah_Ly1 also took home those prize points with a top Twitter suggestion to head to Oldbury, just a short train journey from Birmingham, and try Chamberlains for some classic British comfort food – fish and chips. With its homely atmosphere and a menu which also includes dishes like fish pie, scampi, and bread and butter pudding, this restaurant’s a must-visit when you’re in the West Midlands.
• @Saltnvinegar12 won this week too with a top Twitter recommendation to try Chung Yin Garden in Thorp Street for some fabulous Chinese food. One of two Chung Yin restaurants in Birmingham, it’s within walking distance of the city’s New Street Station, so it’s the perfect place for hungry train travellers go to refuel.
• @alwaysbeengreen pulled in the last of this week’s prize points with her top tweet recommending Around the World in 80 Dishes in Brindley Place. This buffet-style restaurant offers Chinese, Indian, Thai, Mexican and Italian food, so there’s something for all tastes.
Congratulations to the winners – and thanks to everyone who took part this week by tweeting their Birmingham restaurant recommendations! And if you didn’t win this week, you’ll get another chance to win loyalty points to put towards cheap train tickets, car hire and hotel accommodation next week.
Tweet your tips to #RSH Guides, so you can be in with the chance of winning some redspottedhanky.com loyalty points.This entry was posted in #RSH Guides - Weekly Winners and tagged cheap tickets, cheap train tickets, cheap trains to Birmingham, journey planner, loyalty points, redspottedhanky.com, trains to Birmingham. Bookmark the permalink.