Your top Birmingham travel tips – #RSH Guides
In our weekly competition, 10 savvy train travellers win £10′s worth of redspottedhanky.com loyalty points by tweeting their tips about a set destination to #RSH Guides, for us to share through foursquare. This week, we asked you to tweet us and tell us your top Birmingham travel tips.
Read on for this week’s winning tips and don’t forget to share your suggestions with us using Twitter – you could win loyalty points to put towards cheap train tickets, hotel stays or car hire.
• @benpooz made it into our winners’ list this week with a top Twitter tip to jump on a bike and explore the many miles of canal towpaths in and around Birmingham. The Birmingham and Fazeley Canal towpath is a great place to start as it’s easy to get to from Birmingham New Street Station.
• @jadorejesu picked up those loyalty points too with a great tip for anyone planning to drive to Birmingham from the south of England. She suggests heading to Selly Oak Station and jumping on the train to central Birmingham – parking at the station is free of charge and you won’t have to spend ages looking for a space in the city centre.
• @muskrat16 also won those loyalty points for her Twitter tip to head to Birmingham’s famous Jewellery Quarter and follow the Findings Trail to discover more about this historic area. Places of interest on the trail, which was designed by School of Jewellery graduate Laura Potter, are indicated by markings on the pavement, and you can download a guide to the trail from the Jewellery Quarter’s website .
• @AdamBryant6 picked up those prize points too with a winning Twitter suggestion to hire a canal boat for a weekend and unwind with a trip along one of Birmingham’s canals. It’s the perfect solution for anyone who wants to see the city and relax at the same time.
• @AAAAndreAAAchugged into this week’s top 10 with a great Twitter tip to spend a family day out Birmingham exploring the Sea Life Centre before heading off to Cadbury World for some chocolate-themed fun. See sharks and otters being fed at one of Birmingham’s most popular attractions before satisfying your own appetite with sweet treats at of the UK’s most famous chocolate factories.
• @CallumCollie also won those loyalty points with a Twitter reminder for anyone heading to Birmingham on a shopping trip. He suggests taking advantage of the handy bag-drop service at New Street Station after you’ve hit the city’s stores, so you can head off for dinner or a night out without needing to take your day’s purchases with you.
• @astrotour2010 made it into this week’s picks too with a top tweet recommending that travellers from London take the Chiltern Railways service from Marylebone Station to Birmingham Moor Street. And if you need to get to New Street Station, don’t worry – it’s just a short walk or train ride away.
• @victoriajane6 railroaded her way into our top ten this week with a Twitter tip for anyone visiting Birmingham on a sunny day. She recommends heading to Brindleyplace and relaxing with a cold drink. This fantastic waterside business and leisure complex has a wide range of cafes, bars and restaurants, so it’s the perfect destination for hungry rail travellers too.
• @JurgUK steamed into this week’s top 10 with his Twitter reminder that Birmingham PLUSBUS tickets are valid for travel on buses and trams in Birmingham, and services in the Black Country, Coventry and Solihull. The tickets provide unlimited bus and tram trips on participating operators’ services, making them a great deal for savings-savvy travellers.
• @belvoir333 pulled in the last of this week’s prize points with a money-saving Twitter tip for rail travellers arriving at Birmingham New Street Station. She recommends avoiding the tax ranks if you can, as the station’s city centre location means that a little walking can help you to save a lot.
Congratulations to this week’s winners – and thanks for all of your great Birmingham travel tips! And if you didn’t win this week, don’t worry – we’ll be giving you another chance to win loyalty points to put towards cheap train tickets next week too.
Don’t forget to tweet your tips to #RSH Guides, so you can be in with the chance of winning some redspottedhanky.com loyalty points.This entry was posted in #RSH Guides - Weekly Winners and tagged cheap tickets, cheap train tickets, cheap trains to Birmingham, journey planner, loyalty points, redspottedhanky.com, trains to Birmingham. Bookmark the permalink.