Your Top Ten Edinburgh Festival Tips – #RSH Guides
In our weekly competition, 10 train travel fans win £10’s worth of redspottedhanky.com loyalty points by tweeting their tips about a set destination to #RSH Guides, for us to share through foursquare. This week, we asked you to tweet us and tell us what you love about Edinburgh’s Festivals.
Read on for this week’s winning Edinburgh Festival tips. And don’t forget to share your ideas with us using Twitter – you could win loyalty points to put towards cheap train tickets, hotel stays or car hire.
• @Munchy07175452 took the first of this week’s prize points with a Twitter reminder for visitors to this year’s festival to book tickets for Voyageurs Egarés, 30 June 2012, at the Lyceum. This French two-man show – the work of Les Z’enfants Terribles – features comedy, circus skills and shadow theatre, and gets its UK premiere in the Scottish capital as part of the Edinburgh International Magic Festival.
• @MarkJosiah steamed into this week’s top 10 with a top Twitter tip for anyone heading to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival to take some time to watch the random street performers. The two main places to see them in action are the Royal Mile and the Mound Precinct.
• @Carol_244 made it into this week’s picks too with a great Twitter tip recommending ‘Nicholas Parsons’ Happy Hour’ at Pleasance Courtyard, during the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. The famous radio and TV presenter’s comedy chat show has proved to be a big hit so far – but @Carol_244 adds that if you sit in the front row, you do so at your peril.
• @DawnieEA took home those loyalty points too with a top tweet saying her favourite thing about the Edinburgh Festivals was seeing ‘Sticky Kids’ having a great time with their parents and friends. You’ll find plenty of shows for little ones at this year’s Fringe, like the ‘Luminous Tales’ puppet show and the magical ‘Superjohn’ theatre production, and some great kids’ events at Edinburgh’s annual Christmas Festival too.
• @SaplingsBay railroaded his way into our top ten this week with a Twitter tip to make the most out of your visit to the Edinburgh Fringe by trying for a 10-show day. Just plan your schedule carefully and book your tickets in advance and see as many different shows as you can for a fantastically busy, but fun-filled, experience.
• @WallaceEMann chugged into this week’s top 10 with a top tweet to spend more than one day at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival to get a real taste of what’s on offer. He says at there’s so much going on, no two days will be the same.
• @Pad_Stock also won those prize points with a Twitter recommendation for Edinburgh Fringe Festival visitors looking for the perfect day out .He suggests absorbing the artistic frenzy on the Royal Mile, before taking a stroll to Pleasance Courtyard to enjoy a beer, some celebrity-spotting and some comedy or acapella.
• @LTsteamfan won those loyalty points too with a terrific tweet recommending comedy fans head off to see Amy Lamé perform ‘Unhappy Birthday’, at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. Based on Lame’s obsession with Morrissey, ex-frontman of The Smiths and successful solo artist, this show’s had rave reviews.
• @suenatal made it into our winners’ list too with a savvy Twitter suggestion to enjoy your visit to the Edinburgh Festival, but book a hotel for a return visit a few months later too. That way you can see and do everything that you didn’t have time for on your first trip to the city.
• @laurey_xox pulled in the last of this week’s points with a top Twitter tip for music lovers to head to the Scottish capital at the end of July for the Edinburgh Jazz and Blues Festival. It’s been part of the city’s festival calendar since 1978 and attracts some big names – this year’s programme includes shows by artists like Curtis Stigers, the Average White Band and Jools Holland.
Congratulations to this week’s winners – and thanks for all of your Twitter recommendations for things to do at the Edinburgh Festivals! And if you didn’t win this week, don’t worry – you could win loyalty points to put towards cheap train tickets, hotel stays and car hire in next week’s competition.
Don’t forget to tweet your tips to #RSH Guides, so you can be in with the chance of winning some redspottedhanky.com loyalty points.This entry was posted in #RSH Guides - Weekly Winners and tagged cheap tickets, cheap train tickets, cheap trains to Edinburgh, journey planner, loyalty points, redspottedhanky.com, trains to Edinburgh. Bookmark the permalink.