Please watch the video to see a helpful walk through for buying a cheap train ticket on redspottedhanky.com.
You can buy your tickets online ahead of time for travel between any UK stations. You will need to collect your tickets from a UK train station so think about where you will be starting your journey from and select that station to pick up your tickets. Ticket machines are located in almost all of the bigger stations. If you’re starting your journey from a smaller station where ticket collections aren’t available then you’ll need to arrange to pick up your tickets from the nearest station ahead of your trip. Make sure you bring the same credit or debit card you used to buy the tickets as well as the confirmation number as this information is required to verify and distribute your tickets.
1. Enter your journey details and click the search button (key words on the search frame to be translated including: Journey, One way, Return, From, To, Outward Journey, Return Journey, Adults, Children, Standard, First Class, Timetables and Search)
2. Alternatively if you don’t know your dates, click the ‘quick search’ button, using this search will give you an overview of prices for the month (only available on certain routes).
3. Your search results for a return journey will appear like this (key words on the search results to be translated including: Outward journey, Return Journey, Fares, Amend Search)
4. You can select 2 single tickets or a return ticket for the fare class of your choice.
5. Click on the blue info button next to any fare to view journey details. (Ticket type in the screen may need translating)
6. Click the red button next to the fare to see more details or restrictions.
7. The cheapest fare will always be highlighted in green.
8. Once you select your fare, you will notice your ‘booking summary’ is populated
9. At the top of the screen you will notice tabs which can change your view to calendar view, for example. (Calendar view is only available on certain routes)
10. And also lowest fare finder which displays the cheapest fares matching your search criteria. The lowest fare will be highlighted, but you can use your mouse to select your preferred option.
11. To return to the previous view, click the detailed view tab
12. You can alter and refine your search at any time, just click the amend search button. Choosing alternative routes will often find cheaper fares.
13. Specify your new route requirements and click search
14. When you select your fare, the total cost will update and a buy now button will appear in the booking summary column.
15. You can review your selected journey in the booking summary. The red cross shows you that you still need to select a fare for that part of your journey.
16. When you are happy with your selection, click the buy now button to proceed to payment.
17. The next step is to select seat preferences, and add any additional travel options if necessary, including travel on tubes and buses. Then click continue.
18. Now you will be able to select delivery options and also save the journey as a favourite to save time when booking in future.
19. After clicking continue, you will be prompted to enter payment details on this secure page. Register to buy , and earn loyalty points too!