What Railcards are available and how do I purchase one?
There are 4 types of Railcard:
- if you are aged 16-25 or are 26+ and in full-time education, you can save 34% on many rail fares.
- Family & Friends - up to 4 adults and 4 children aged 5-15 can travel together on one card.
- Adults save 34% and children 60% when travelling in Standard Class.
- Senior - if you are 60+ you can save 34% on many Standard and First Class rail fares.
All of the Railcards shown above can be purchased at any manned railway station, or on-line at
. If you are purchasing a 16-25 Railcard you will require a passport-sized photograph.
- Disabled Persons Railcard - if you are registered disabled you are entitled to a railcard, which will save you 34% on many Standard and First Class rail fares.
- A Disabled Persons Railcard cannot be issued at stations, you have to apply to the following address:
- Disabled Persons Railcard Office PO Box 163 Newcastle upon Tyne NE12 8WX
- or contact Telephone: 08456 050525 Textphone: 08456 010132