At redspottedhanky.com we're always striving to give you the best value for your money when it comes to buying train tickets. When you search for your tickets on our site we'll check all the availability within the information you gave us and display to you all the available fares. As you can imagine there are some restrictions around our Price Promise and we need to ensure we are protected against the odd person who may try to exploit our price promise.
Price Promise Terms and Conditions
- redspottedhanky.com Price Promise. The redspottedhanky.com Price Promise does not apply to hotel and car hire bookings but only to train ticket bookings. In the unlikely event that you find a lower fare for the journey that you have booked on redspottedhanky.com, either on redspottedhanky.com itself or on another website by 12 midnight on the day that you booked with us we will credit your redspottedhanky.com Loyalty Account with loyalty points to the value of the difference between the fare you bought and the subsequent fare you found. In this respect one loyalty point will be credited to your account for each £0,01. The refund will not cover any booking fees that you paid.
- Travel in Great Britain. The redspottedhanky.com Price Promise applies only to tickets booked through redspottedhanky.com for rail travel within Great Britain. So for example it does not apply to tickets purchased for European Rail Travel or to tickets purchased for events.
- Tesco Clubcard Points exchange. Our Price Promise does not extend to customers using e-vouchers in conjunction with the Tesco Clubcard Points exchange.
- Notifying redspottedhanky.com of a Claim. You must email redspottedhanky .com before midnight on the same day that you made your booking with redspottedhanky.com in order to make your claim. The lower fare for your journey must be available for booking at the time you contact us, as determined by our customer service team. If you have been credited with loyalty points under the price promise, you are expected to travel on the ticket that you originally booked with redpottedhanky.com. We reserve the right to remove points credited under the price promise if you are subsequently given a refund for the ticket.
- Must be “Like for Like” Comparison. The redspottedhanky.com Price Promise is available only for like for like tickets, that is exact journey and date matches, and for exact ticket types. Without limiting the foregoing, this means that the ticket available for comparison with the ticket that you have booked on redspottedhanky.com must be for the same specific train, the same refund and cancellation policy must apply to the ticket and the dates and time of travel must be the same. Further, a ticket that can be bought at a discounted rate (unless the discount is offered to all members of the public) cannot be compared with a ticket that does not have any discount applied. For instance, a child fare cannot be compared to an adult fare; a fare bought with a rail card cannot be compared with a fare bought without a rail card. Tickets must also be compared across the same class of accommodation to qualify for the Price Promise. For instance a standard or second class ticket cannot be compared with a first class ticket.
- Comparison does not include booking fees: The redspottedhanky.com Price Promise applies only to the cost of rail fares for travel within Great Britain, as presented in the redspottedhanky.com search results, without taking into account the booking fees.
- Tickets must be for pre-booked trains. The redspottedhanky.com Price Promise is not available for train journeys where the actual train to be travelled on is not pre--booked.
- Comparison Fares Must Be Available to the General Public. The redspottedhanky.com Price Promise applies only to fares advertised and available to all members of the public. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, this would exclude the following fares: fares offered on membership program websites, fares offered to a business or business employees on corporate discounted rates, fares offered as part of a rewards or incentive program to a group of people such as employees , or fares that are only available by using a coupon or other promotion not offered to the general public or by a personal invitation to purchase tickets provided by email, text or other means of personal communication
- Comparison fares must not be offered as part of a group discount. The Price Promise does not apply to comparison fares that are offered on group discounted rates, or offered to people chartering a train or a carriage,
- Comparison fares must not be offered as part of an auction process. The Price Promise does not apply to fares that may be purchased as part of an auction or other bid process.
- Comparison fares must not be offered as part of a package . The Price Promise does not apply to fares that are offered as part of a package which includes any other products for instance hotel accommodation or car hire, or interline prices
- Comparison fares must be offered online to all members of the public, The Price Promise applies only to comparison fares that are offered to all members of the general public and are bookable on line. It will not apply for instance, to fares sold through call centres, physically located travel agents, or through a web site where you have to call a number to confirm or book the fare and it will not be available where the fare is offered on an intranet site
- Price Promise does not apply to fares purchased through a travel agent. The Price Promise will not apply where the comparison fare is bookable through a travel agent (whether online or not)
- Comparison fairs must be payable in sterling. The price promise will not apply to fares offered or payable in any currency other than in pounds sterling (£)
- Verification of Claims. All requests, including receipts and tickets, are subject to verification by our customer service team. We will not accept screenshots or other purported evidence of a lower price that cannot be independently confirmed by our team. Nor will we verify any request that we believe, in our sole discretion, is the result of a printing or other error or is made fraudulently or in bad faith. Verified requests for bookings that you have paid for on the redspottedhanky.com site in advance of travel will receive a credit to your Loyalty Account used for the booking, within approximately 28 days of verification..
- Changes. redspottedhanky.com reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify these terms or to discontinue the redspottedhanky.com Price Promise or to restrict its availability to any person, at any time, for any or no reason, and without prior notice or liability to you. The terms that are in effect at the time of your claim will determine your eligibility under the redspottedhanky.com Price Promise. No change in the redspottedhanky.com Price Promise will affect any refund that has already been issued to you. These terms come into effect from 23rd June 2010.