Tickets are now on sale for Britain’s biggest rail celebration with 9 exhilarating days of amazing activities for all ages.
redspottedhanky.com are proud sponsors of Railfest 2012. The event will take place on 2-10 June and is set to be one of Yorkshire’s biggest events of the year!
Get up close to over 30 of the fastest, strongest, smallest and newest locos. Climb in the drivers’ cabs, stand on the footplates, and ride with locos big and small. Plus, live theatre performances, vehicle demonstrations, shop and trade stands and rarely seen railway giants like snow ploughs and a sail-powered railway vehicle.
Must-see highlights at Railfest will include:
• Mallard – holder of the record for the fastest steam locomotive in operation
• Mardy Monster – the most powerful industrial steam locomotive built for use in the UK
• Flying Scotsman – the first locomotive to reach 100mph
• Tornado – the newest mainline steam locomotive in operation
Gary Verity, chief executive of Welcome to Yorkshire, said; "This is certainly going to be one of the biggest and most exciting events in Yorkshire in 2012. It looks set to be a record breaker in itself, attracting thousands of visitors from not only Yorkshire but from throughout the UK and overseas."
Tickets can be bought by visiting nrm.org.uk/railfest2012 or by calling 0870 870 4840.* Ticket prices start at £8 for children aged 2-15 years and £13 for an adult. Family tickets and group offers are available. A full price list can be found at nrm.org.uk/railfest2012 .
* When booking over the phone, a £1.50 booking fee will be added to your total order. Phone sales end at 6pm on 22 May 2012.
Find everything you need to know about getting the best deal on your train tickets with redspottedhanky.com.
Save up to 83% on advanced bookings
Loyalty points 6 £6.00
Save up to 86% on advanced bookings
Loyalty points 16 £16.50